Repairs will have to be done in an apartment on Bonnaccord Street, after a kitchen fire last night.
Moncton Fire Platoon Chief Dennis Dollemont says the residents were cooking with grease in an open pot when the fire started.
They managed to extinguish it themselves before firefighters arrived, but Dollemont says there is damage to the cupboards above the stove, and there is other smoke damage as well.
The two residents were checked over on scene by Ambulance New Brunswick.
(PHOTOS COURTESY OF WADE PERRY)