Three people suffered smoke inhalation in a fire at a rooming house earlier today.
Moncton Fire Platoon Chief Rob Brine says the arrived on scene just before 8 this morning, “There were visible flames and smoke coming from the second floor of the rooming house on Killam Drive. Our first engine arrived on scene to those conditions.”
Brine says one woman managed to get out of the building on her own, but firefighters pulled a man from the second floor bedroom that was next to the room that was engulfed, and another man was pulled from the basement.
The second floor of the front part of the building is destroyed.
Nine tenants have been displaced and the Red Cross is helping two of them while the others will stay with friends and relatives or are being helped by other agencies.
There’s no word on a cause yet.
(video courtesy of Wade Perry)