For residents of the tri-community area, next week marks the beginning of collection for natural Christmas trees.
For Riverview and Dieppe, trees can be put out with the regular garbage pickup on the week of January 7th.
Meanwhile, in Moncton, people will have twice as long, as trees can be put out with regular garbage for the next two weeks.
People should ensure trees are free of decorations, tinsel, and other ornaments, and are not frozen into the snowbank.
Until January 18th, trees can also be dropped off at seven locations around Moncton:
- Crossman Community Centre – Kay Arena;
- Ball field off Crowley Farm Road;
- Former Dud James Arena (Limerick Street);
- Moncton Coliseum;
- Mapleton Park (Gorge Road entrance);
- Moncton Wesleyan Church (St. George Boulevard).
The Southeast Eco 360 facility is also accepting trees at their Berry Mills Road facility.